What We Do
Land Conservation – The Duxbury Land Trust mission is to conserve land in the Town of Duxbury. Six projects have been completed since 1994.
Public Outreach – We produce an annual newsletter that highlights conservation tools and techniques.
Community Service – Almost since its inception, the DLT has organized the town Green Up Day and has worked with residents to remove rubbish from streambanks and roadsides. DLT provides advice and assistance to landowners interested in conserving their lands. The DLT has also assisted the town’s Planning Commission in drafting the town plan.
Collaborative Projects – DLT has collaborated with numerous organizations, including the Vermont Land Trust, the Vermont Housing and Conservation Board, the Green Mountain Club and the Mad River Watershed Conservation Partnership.
If you would like to help with Duxbury Land Trust projects, please contact us:
- Catherine Gjessing, Chair, email@example.com, (802) 244-4952
- Dan Cardozo, Vice Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org (802) 244-5895
- Janet Bisbee, Secretary, email@example.com (651) 788-2868
- Jim McCarthy, Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org (802) 244-4952
- Rachel Mirus, email@example.com (802) 249-883
- Alan Quackenbush, Past Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org (802) 244-7512
- Audrey Quackenbush, email@example.com (802) 244-7512