This year Green Up Day Vermont is turning 50 years old and we need your help greening up our wonderful Duxbury roads! Green Up Day is still scheduled for Saturday, May 30. There has been some confusion about Green Up Day’s status, but it is definitely happening – just later than in past years. Volunteers are needed for all Duxbury town roads (but not Route 100).
This year, especially, volunteers should take extra safety precautions in light of health concerns. In addition to proper footwear and gloves, please wear a mask, maintain social distancing and protect yourself from ticks.
Before May 30, bags will be available at the following locations:
- the Town Clerk’s office, in the black mailbox outside
- in North Duxbury from Audrey Quackenbush – 282 Marshall Road (email@example.com)
- in North Duxbury from Maria Steyaart – 1102 Mountain View Road (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bring filled bags to either of these two drop off sites:
- the town garage, in the dumpster for Green Up Day
- the turnoff on River Road in front of the railroad gate (from Camels Hump Rd, go past the road to Bolton dam – the turnoff is on the left).
*Let us know if you would like assistance to transport your bags to the drop sites.*
Green Up Day has been coordinated by the Duxbury Land Trust since 1997.